Tuesday, April 26, 2011

30 Day Music Challenge

Day 12: A Song That Relaxes You/Puts You to Sleep
For this one I went instrumental.  While there's lots of songs out there that are pretty relaxing, few things are more soothing and relaxing than a well played piano.  I love the piano and wish I could play.  When it comes to piano there are too many greats to even begin sorting through them, but for me my favorite piano solo comes from a punk band... which is very odd but it just further proves that even though their "main" form of music may not sound "talented" to some, most are very musically talented.  For example Corey Taylor can scream with the best of them while belting out most of Slipknot's heavy hits, however switch gears and check out Vermilion Pt. 2 and his smooth vocals, you'll never believe it's the same guy.  Anyway, I digress, for my favorite piano solo I'm going with the hidden track on Pennywise song Bro Hymn Tribute.  The song is buried a few minutes after the last track.  I actually bought the Full Circle album in college just for this song, but lost it... and I don't think you can download just the piano solo on iTunes.  It's very long, but very good.

No comments: