Saturday, April 9, 2011

30 Day Music Challenge

Day 3: A Song That Makes You Sad
I don't like this day, mainly because music is suppose to be an escape and is suppose to make you happy, motivated, really any emotion but sad.  But I suppose that that being said there are a lot of songs out there are touching and have heart wrenching lyrics, May Angels Lead You In by Jimmy Eat World comes to mind.  Another song that I find sad, although it doesn't really "sound" sad musically but if you listen to the lyrics it is pretty sad, Inside the Fire by Disturbed.  I've talked about this one before, but it's about the lead singer for Disturb's battle with depression and thoughts of suicide after finding his girlfriend had committed suicide in their home.  Song is twisted in a way, but lyrically it is gripping and pretty genius way to express feelings, thoughts, and emotions on such a topic.  Alas, though in my mind there has been only one song that independent of an event, meaning I just heard it on the radio, got me a bit misty eyed.  It's an amazing combo of a touching topic and heart tugging vocals the original was done in 1961 by Wayne Cochran and it was good... but add the angsty voiced Eddie Vedder combined with those lyrics and this is a guaranteed heart grabber.

Pearl Jam, Last Kiss

No comments: