Tuesday, April 19, 2011

30 Day Music Challenge

Day 6: A Song From A Band You Hate
Hate is a pretty strong word when it comes to music I think all music has merit and I can honestly say that I can find an appreciation for any artist or song, I may not like it, but I can generally find redeeming qualities for about anything.  That being said there are artists that I'm not a big fan of, bottom line they are just not my cup of tea.  Katy Perry fits in this category.  I just find her to be a bit overly "gimmicky" for lack of a more eloquent way of describing it.  It's this distinction that makes me a bit uneasy about the fact that I really kind of like her song ET.  I have no idea why, lyrically it's ... well... disturbing, really disturbing.  But still, like it or not, I'm drawn to it, it has a solid beat and is catchy, it's hooked me in, and I really don't like that it has done that.  Anyway if you haven't heard it, here it is...

No comments: