Friday, April 8, 2011

30 Day Music Challenge

Day 3: A Song That Makes You Happy
This one was another tough one, because really if you're listening to a song it should make you happy, with the exception of Cowboy Troy.  Since me and my friends all have a pretty deep love and appreciation of music it's tough to pin point just on song to pin with a smiley face.  My first instinct immediately went to Bobby McFerrin, Don't Worry Be Happy, but I thought that I should maybe put a bit more thought into it because that seemed to be a bit too obvious (although it is a happy little tune).  This has added difficulty because a lot of music I frequently listen to has darker undertones to it, sadder, desperate lyrics, not EMO... I don't go that far.  But to quote a friend there's a lot of "Angst."  At the end of it all, the dust settled and there was one that ended on.

O.A.R., Crazy Game of Poker, I had the good fortune of seeing O.A.R. in a free mini-set in downtown Chicago a couple of years ago.  The set was fantastic and just when I thought it was over they unmistakable intro to this song... and they rocked it.  The beat, the tempo, you can't help but smile and sing along.

No comments: