Monday, April 25, 2011

30 Day Music Challenge

The weekend was full of errands and cooking so no posts, so to make up for it I put a couple on this one and they both have to do with the radio.  Radio has been dead to me for awhile now, mainly because I'm pretty sure most stations have a standard 12 song play list and anyone that listens longer than 40-60 min is just S.O.L.  With the invention of Pandora and it's gloriously customizable bounty of musical awesomeness I have little use for the radio, with the exception of AM radio which gives me my sports talk for a few hours a day.

Day 10:  A Song You Hear Often on the Radio
It seems like every time I turn on the radio this song is on, it's catchy and I used to actually kind of like it.  But now I find it annoying and even hearing just a few bars of it gets the hook stuck in my head for hours.  Rihanna, S&M


Day 11: A Song You Wish You Heard on the Radio
I'm going independent on this one, Borrow Tomorrow's, Wake Up.  Great song from a band I had the privilege to see many times in Chicago, I also hung out many a night with the lead singer Chris Jerles.  Anywho, I've written about these guys and I like their sound a lot.  This is a live version of one of my favorites, if you like it, you should absolutely check them out on iTunes.

No comments: