Friday, November 13, 2009

Transformers 2 Revenge of a Movie That Made Me Sad

So I was looking forward to seeing this movie, not with the child like eagerness that was attached to Call of Duty, but still I was really wanting to see the second installment of the Transformers movies.  The first one was good and I liked it a lot save for the fact that they sold out to Chevy by making iconic Bumblebee a Camero versus the true to form, VW bug.... but that's a different rant and I've since moved on and accepted that when the opportunity to seel out for money presents itself, you can count on Hollywood.  I digress.  SO Transformers 2 Revenge of the Fallen.  SOOOOO LOOOOONNNNNGGGG.  This move was about 30-45 minutes longer than it really needed to be.  I found myself sitting there and I literally said outloud (I was alone, Elizabeth was in Cali), "Seriously, this isn't over yet?"  I mean it took them roughly an hour to cross this little patch of sand.  All in all it was a decent movie, I was very upset that I didn't catch it on the big screen, on a postive seeing it made me happy that I spent $1.08 at Red Box versus $20+ at the theater.  Since everyone is doing the trilogy these days, there's little doubt there will be a Transformers 3 in the future and lets hope they can redeem themselves, cause this one fell short.  Sadly though, based on my lukewarm feelings toward the Fallen, I think it'll be a renter.

2 comments:

Josh McMahan said...

So was the chevy bow tie thrust into the center of the shot every time a car rolled up in this one too? haven't had a chance to see for myself.

Ben said...

The Chevy link wasn't as in your face, but it was there for sure Audi got in on the action this go around... It's worth a watch especially with netflix, red box, or another cheap media form... dunno that I'd fork over $5-6 or whatever Blockbuster is charging these days though.