Sunday, November 15, 2009

Restaurant Review: HB

Last night we checked another Chicago restaurant off of our Chicago list HB (Home Bistro), it was just as good as we thought it would be we had the Beer Battered Haddock on Snert and Lamb Merguez Sausage.  Elizabeth was the big winner of the night with the Haddock, it was really really good.  But while the food was delicious the most impressive item of the evening was the aged Gouda with cumin seeds.  Cumin is my favorite spice and the seeds in the cheese... awesome.  I'd highly recommend HB to anyone in Chicago looking for a good/nice place to eat, BYOB no corking fee.  And I'd highly recommend the Beer Battered Haddock, the snert looks scary but it is super good.  

I give it 4.5 stars out of 5.  0.5 short of the full 5 just because while I would return, it's not a place that would be on the top of my mind when choosing a place to eat, it's more of what I'd consider an "occasion" restaurant.

No comments: