Wednesday, November 4, 2009

She got me....

I really debated putting this up here because it is a pretty big "burn" on me, but I keep replaying it in my head and it really was pretty good and my wife's delivery isn't usually this deadpan, there's usually a chuckle or smirk that makes her attempts pretty tranparent... but this one got me:

The backstory.... we bought new sheets the other weekend at 3B (Bed Bath & Beyond), and in the store they looked like normal sheets, upon unpackaging them we, or rather I, noticed they were abnormally "shiny" and I have a thing against shiny things... not going to even attempt to explain that because it's frankly an odd quirk and not relevant to this story.  So in the process of making the bed I was complaing about the "shine" factor of these sheets commenting on how I was going to have a hard time sleeping on these sheets.

I'm paraphrashing here the general idea of the conversations...

Ok... fast forward to Monday

Beth:  How'd you sleep?
Ben: Terrible, because of those sheets.

Her smirk gave her away that she was attempting to make fun of me about the sheets.

Fast forward again to Tuesday
Beth: What's that on your arm?
Ben: My arm? what (as I'm turning it over looking)
Beth: Yeah your arm it's almost reflective (straight faced and serious as can be)
Ben: (still searching my arms) What do you mean? Where? (still turning my arm over and over)
Beth: It's on your arm, it's almost like the sheets...
Ben: (still searchi.....) Wha....damn.... I don't even like you anymore (Ben exits stage left)

She got me...

1 comment:

Denise said...

I knew I loved her the first time you brought her home, she has you figured out...xxoo