Thursday, August 5, 2010

News Notes

Brett Favre... he's going to play, he just wants a bit of an fawning over him for an ego boost.  He was one play away from a Super Bowl and had a career year, he's not walking away from that.  We just need to let him go on his merry way.

Cali and Prop 8... Gay marriage has been in the news a lot in recent years, ya know church and state they're separate, a bulk of the arguments against same sex unions fall back to religion.  While I'm not going to share my opinon on it, I think there are two fundamental pieces to a marriage: 1) the religious sacrament and 2) the legal courthouse issued piece of paper.  Religion should decided whether or not to honor the union as a "religious" sacrament.  The courthouse should decide if it's okay to buy family health insurance and be considered a "legal" family.

BP Oil... About time.  You'd think if you were undertaking an operation, you'd have plans for the worst possible scenario, like say a rig explodes.  I mean they are in hurricane alley, I can't believe they'd never once considered the possibility of a rig explosion and a massive leak miles underwater.  One more in an ever growing list of reasons why we need to find something else.  The internal combustion engine was invented in 1823... hear that geeks 1823, in the 187 years since then we've not come up with something better?

President... Don't even care really, I tried to care I really did, but the constant bickering back and forth between the red guys and the blue guys has grown tiresome.  Until Government starts serving the people instead of acting in its own self interest the road to improvement is going to be a very long one.  Nothing makes sense and if one of your guys didn't think of it, it's a bad idea no matter what.  It's just plain sad.

Palin's... I swear if I hear any more about this kid and her on again off again, which magazine will pay me for this story, life I'm gonna scream.

Jersy Shore... in Miami is as popular as ever.  I wonder if they realize people watch this show and are laughing AT them, not with them, AT them.

1 comment:

Tina Jay said...

well said. on all counts!