Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Inception


It's not very often that a movie exceeds expectations in my mind.  Mainly because if I'm super excited about a movie I build it up and build it up to a level where, I'm not even really sure if it's possible for anything to live up to it.  All of the above is why Inception was such an awesome surprise.  I was pretty excited about seeing the movie, but didn't have a lot of expectations going in other than being entertained.  I was entertained and then some, the movie blew me away.  I liked this movie a lot.  It was visually stunning and the story was really smart and really well written.  I was initially angry at the ending but upon reflection I think it was very smart and I get it now.  I honestly think Christopher Nolan is becoming my favorite director.  Who, upon some imdb research learned directed Memento, which is another little known great movie.  Anyway, this makes two for two, Dark Knight and now Inception.  I don't buy many movies but Inception will be purchased immediately.  If you haven't yet seen this movie I highly highly recommend it, visually it's awesome on the big screen so I'd recommend seeing on the silver screen.  Oh, btw, when did the geek from Third Rock from the Sun become a bad ass?  He was awesome.  He is for real, I was sceptical after the abomination that was GI Joe, but he was really good.

This movie also brought about something a bit disturbing to me.  I think Leonardo DiCaprio might be my favorite actor.  I shudder even writing it, but you can't deny he's come a long way since Jack (Titanic).  Before you judge, look at the resume since: Gangs of New York, Blood Diamond, The Departed, Inception, and while I haven't seen them yet I'm pretty sure I'll put Shutter Island and Body of Lies on this list.  Two of these movies are probably in my Top 10, Inceptions and The Departed.  So yeah... I'm now a Leo fan.  Crap.

No comments: