Monday, August 3, 2009

Rock and Roll 1/2 Marathon

Yesterday was the first annual Rock and Roll 1/2 Marathon here in Chicago. The course was pretty flat as promised and the weather couldn't have been better, the Rock and Roll however left a lot to be desired. They had bands playing along the route that were from what I could hear over my iPod, not very good. The 6:30AM start time was pretty rough, that meant a 4AM wakeup call which was no picnic, but a peanut butter and banana sandwhich and a 5 hour energy later I was good to roll.

I beat my goal of 1 hour 50 min, finishing just over 1 hour 48 min at 1:48:38. Overall I felt pretty good about the day. Learned some new "tricks" for running that I think will help going into the next race, whenever that is. I'm hoping to have gotten in a few pictures taken along the way and I'll throw them up when they put them on the web.

No comments: