Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Farming Update

Below is a picture of my 1 lonely tomato plant. She's getting bigger and so far has one little guy turning red. Got several green ones that will hopefully hurry up and turn. I want to make some salsa. Pry the only idiot out there that would choose to utilize his space by growing a veggie for a single solitary purpose on his tiny 3'x5' porch in the middle of Chicago ( I HATE with a capital H tomatoes).

Side Note: got some red chili peppers from my father-in-law last weekend which means operation spicy pickle can commence. My plan is head down to the farmer's market and procure some cucumbers and attempt to turn those nasty little suckers (don't like cucumbers either) into some deliciously spicy pickle slices.

Yep growing tomatoes and making pickles... I'm a ball of thrills on the weekend people.

No comments: