Saturday, August 1, 2009

Artist Appreciation

I was perusing the internet today, which I do everyday... but today I've hit a new level of bordem because I can't go out cause of the race tomorrow. Long story short, in Chicago you must walk nearly everywhere, walking miles and miles, not normally a big deal, unless you have to run 13.1 miles at 6:30AM, I digress... Anyway so I started looking at art, manily because I was exploring the prices and times for the Chicago Art Museum. M.C. Escher is probably my favorite artist, below is probably one of my favorites. In my opinion the guy was unreal. His pictures are confusing, and I think the below illustrates my point: it is a seemingly very simple picture, yet very complex all at the same time. They can really make you think if you want to.


1 comment:

Ann said...

So I was just in Chicago last week! Had a blast and enjoyed the nice cool weather. Check out my blog to see what we did.... www.ohldes.blogspot.com
Take care!