Friday, May 1, 2009

Flag Football All American

So on a whim last year I put my name on a website that is for organizing community recreational leagues, football, volleyball, softball and such.  Basically if you aren't on a team  or don't have enough friends to form a team, you put you name out there on the "Free Agent" list (yeah... I was a Flag Football Free Agent... cue the laughter), well got an email earlier this week to play on a team for a few weeks.  

First game was last night.  I see why they needed a fill in... 4 guys (including myself) showed up, which I guess is a common problem for them, hence my addition.  We ended up getting some more fill-ins and proceeded to get beat 24-7, an outcome that did not surprise me one bit, because this team like many others fell into what I feel are a few common "traps" for start up rec league football teams, they are unorganized and really didn't think to recruit by position.  All in all though the game was a fun time, sans the losing part.  It looks like I'll be playing with them regularly.  We'll see how it goes, the perma-bruise has formed on my left palm so I think we're good to go.  

Oh and a big shout out thank you to the dude that paid $90 to NOT play, I'll have fun.

No comments: