Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Wolverines, Tacos, and Rock n' Roll

Yesterday was Cinco de Mayo, I'm not Mexican and I'm not 100% sure what exactly the details are behind the holiday (I believe it's their 4th of July though), but hey it's a reason to drink Mexican beer and eat a lot of Mexican food.   And I did both, had some of Beth's co-workers over and made a Mexican spread good times were had.  Tried my hand at tamales all in all, they were okay a little dry though so we'll adjust the recipe and try again.  I did eat way too much chips and cheese dip - one of those things that is very hard to walk away from, it's just so scrumtrulesant.

Signed up for 1/2 marathon #2 today, the Chicago Rock and Roll 1/2 Marathon, Aug 2nd.  Looking forward to it, since it's in Chicago it should be FLAT no damn hills like Springfield.  So hopefully that will translate into a faster time, I'm going to shoot for 1 hour 45 min, it's a pretty big jump from last time, but hopefully the combo of weight training and flatness of the course will work in my favor.  The organization of the event itself is pretty cool, the course is lined with live bands, like one every mile, providing a constant soundtrack for the run.  Should be a good time.  Well, as good a time as running for 2 hours can be I guess.



Saw two movies this weekend X-Men Origins: Wolvernie and Slumdog Millionaire.  Wolverine did not disappoint, not as good as I had hoped, but still was a very good movie.  Make sure you stay through the credits...  Slumdog however was a BIG surprise, much better movie than I'd thought it would be and I'd highly recommend if you haven't seen it already you rent it.

Oh and as an update to my post on the A-Rod book, Jason Whitlock wrote a scathing article in his FoxSports column about the credibility issues surrounding the author... here's a link:

2 comments:

AA said...

Are you saying there is such a thing as "too much" chips & dip??

Ben said...

I know, I did not think it possible but I felt like my blood was changing into Velveeta.