Thursday, May 28, 2009

Ace of Cakes... or Not

First I need to offer up a big thank you and an even bigger apology to my Mother. Thank you for all the wonderful birthday cakes over the years. Now for the apology, I'm sorry for the hair-brained 5 year old boy requests. I mean He-Man in frosting? What kind of a request is that?
Why not ask for a tree fort that looks like the Death Star? You should have told me to go fly a kite. I mean I always appreciated the cakes, because they were awesome (pry the best cakes around), but I REALLY REALLY appreciate them now after working last night (this morning) until 2AM on a pair of cakes for a baby shower for one of Elizabeth's co-workers. The tedious details and pain in the arse that is drawing with frosting... Man... A much overdue props to you on the great work! (and another big thank you for the tips last night!)

Anyway, below are the fruits of my labor. I will admit (begrudgingly) that I ruined one cake on my way to the finished product. Note to Readers: Let the cake cool ALL THE WAY, VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT. Otherwise, you'll be running to the store at 10:30. You've been warned. I don't think I'm quite ready for the Food Network challenge, but I think they're pretty decent for a rookie effort.



1 comment:

AA said...

Who is this "Elizabeth" person you refer to? Does Beth know about her?

In all seriousness, the cakes are pretty impressive - well done!