Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Price of Fame?


I can't recall if I've commented on my thoughts on the Jon and Kate Plus 8 television series but to put it lightly I think that all parties involved should be ashamed of themselves for exploiting these kids as long as they did.  At the center of this whole mess are two individuals who are selfishly addicted to money, attention, and free stuff.  Proof of this fact is that they'd rather head to the divorce court and keep the show on the air than exit the show and try to work out their issues, that at least on the surface seem to have originated because of the show, or at a minimum were amplified by it.  And the kids not only lost their family unit but now it turns out they are probably going to need some professional help the following article says the kids are 'sobbing' at loss of cameras, this is just sad.  I feel bad for them, because their lives are so jaded at such a young and age that they require the attention of cameras.  I hope that they get them the help they need, because in this day where it seems like everyone is trying to get there 15 min. I'm truely scared about what self-destructive things these kids may do in the future to get back in the spotlight. 

I mean just look at all that is going on now, women openly admiting they are essentially morally corupt, just for a bit of air time and the hope of a primetime interview.  I of course I'm speaking of the Tiger Woods women.  I mean I in no way shape or form think what he did is okay; it's terrible.  But it takes two to tango, and these women knew he was married and in my opinion are equally guilty but yet they are so willing to sell out their values for the hopes of some small "fame" if you can even call it that.  I mean who freely and openly comes out and disgraces their family and themself by admiting to sleeping with a married man?  Who does that?  I mean their just jumping on TV as fast as they can to say I slept with Tiger Woods!... And the worst of it is some of them try to make it seem as if they feel "bad."  No, if you truely felt "bad" and remorseful you wouldn't run to US Weekly you'd run to tell your priest and then take that to the grave.  Zero reason to admit it to US Weekly other than selfish spotlight seeking.  I mean if you think about it it's pretty terrible all around the way around. 

Bottom line I hope that these to numb skull parents are smart enough to realize that the show had a damaging impact on their kids and learn from the self-destructive path that so many child stars have followed, set aside their own selfish need for spotlight, and get these kids as far away from spotlight as possible.

No comments: