Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Cornhole!

So not a lot new on the blog front partly because spare time has been consumed with construct of Cornhole (bags) boards in preparation for tailgate season.  For those unaware, Cornhole is a yard game played with bean bags (or corn bags), it's in the horseshoe family, much like washers.  Anyway, it has been quite the process and I am now ready to paint, which makes me very nervous because I have what I think is an ambitious paint scheme in mind.  Below are some pictures of the process.

Materials time, really not a lot involved here, some 1/2" plywood, 2'x4' and some 1"x3"s.  One trip to Home Depot Folks, that's a project record.  Truck, 100% justified.  Okay so maybe not 100%, but darn it it was nice to not have wood riding shotty or to have to wait on Beth to get home from work... Gotta love flex Fridays.







Here we have the beginings of constrcution, pretty simple to make, a frame, a hole, couple legs.  Really you can make it as complicated or as Plane Jane as you want.  I went with the folding legs, which took me every bit of 4 hours to figure out how to do.  So yep, I went complicated.  While I'm better now with the jigsaw, it's still not my best friend.

Here we have the boards and legs primed and ready for paint, hopefully that'll be done by Friday night.  Going Red/Yellow with the KC Arrowhead on one and a vertical CHIEFS type on the other.  Hoping that it looks good, fingers crossed that Mrs. Lebo taught me well enough that I can knock it out.  The hand stayed pretty steady with the razor while cutting the stencils, so I'm hopeful.



No comments: