Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Cooking Shows

I'm hooked on cooking shows and I'm not talking necessarily about Food Network, in fact the Food Network is probably toward the bottom of the list really.  Not that it's bad but I like the competition aspect of things and so enter the cooking competition shows.  Iorn Chef, Chopped, Master Chef, Top Chef, Top Chef Masters, Hells Kitchen all are great shows. 

Top Chef and Top Chef Masters get top bill my book, jumping to my two of my favorite shows on TV.  I think I like these two shows best because they deal with "real" chefs.  Top Chef features up and comers but up and comers that are already somewhat established with restaurants and/or legit careers.  This contrast to Hell's Kitchen is very nice, where you have people who can't cook a steak (I can cook a steak). 

However the worst show is Desert Chef or whatever that terrible new Bravo desert Top Chef clone is called.  It's like these guys are compensating for their the fact that they make cupcakes by being ridiculously over-the-top dramatic.  I watched 15 minutes and was done.

P.S. Ed should have won...

No comments: