Monday, October 24, 2011

Weekend Update

Weekend came and went pretty quick...  Baby's room got 1 coat of paint done, which was a pretty big thing to check off the ol' to do list.  This little task identified two little observations: 1) paint with primer = joke still need two coats, don't care what they tell you at Lowes.  2) tape = waste of time, the $15 I spent on a paint brush may have been the best $15 I've spent in a long time.  If you have even a reasonably steady hand don't waste time taping.  I taped our entire house in Denver and I can honestly say (wife will back me up here) we had more mistakes due to tape bubbles, uneven tape lines, and ripped paint when pulling tape down than I did when I did it with hand and brush.  Coat 2 will be going on this weekend and then that HUGE to do will be done and done.

Of course with weekends in the Fall comes football, Saturday was the Sunflower State showdown, or as it were, the Sunflower State Beatdown.  KSU beat down KU 59-21... a fantastic game and I honestly loved it even more simply because it was KU and it's always good to beat the in state rival.  However, the next 3 weeks is essentially the Big XII's murderers row with Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and Texas.  Ask me pre-season and I probably tell you 1 W and 2 Ls ... maybe even 3 Ls.  However, with the way Snyder has these kids playing I can honestly say that 3 Ws is not entirely outside of the realm of possibility and that is certainly the outcome that I am hoping for.  Chiefs pulled off a pretty impressive W against an improved Raiders team not only did they get the W but they pitched a shutout, which in this day and age of reasonable parity and guys that can bomb 50 yard field goals, is impressive regardless of the team you are playing.

Got a bit of family time in as well with a trip to Topeka to see the in laws, which was, as always, a good time.

That's pretty much it.  Remainder of the weekend was spent with laundry and lazy couch TV time, which frankly is always an essential piece of any weekend that is worth a darn.

No comments: