Monday, October 10, 2011

Top 5 Beers... Ever...

...or at least until I taste something better, which... really could be any day.

#5 - Boulevard Chocolate Ale

Set all the hype around this beer aside (I do have 1 bottle left...current Ebay price $60) ... I enjoyed this beer a lot and frankly how much I enjoyed it was a surprise to me, surprise enough that it earns a spot on my top 5 at least for now.  It's gone now, but will be back in Feb.  It's stay here will be highly contested as the fall beers come into stores.



#4 - Firestone Walker Velvet Merlin

Just when I thought Guinness was at or near the gold standard in this category into my life came Velvet Merlin (formerly Velvet Merkin) graced my palet.  Pretty phenomenal, light and extremely complex flavor profile, needless to say while at the brewery I drank several of these and am pretty bummed that it likely will never reach MO.

#3 - Green Flash Imperial IPA

Hops. Hops. Hops.  Very good double, really not much more to say here.







#2 - Bell's Hopslam

There's a reason this beer goes for $18-20 for a six pack it really is that good.










#1 - Firestone Walker Double Jack

My gold standard to which all beers are measured.  A very controlled aggression when it comes to the hops on this double.  It's there, you know it's there, but it doesn't beat you over the head.  As another note, the beer has far more alcohol than the taste shows... making it a proceed with caution brew.  





Top Beers to Always Have on Hand:
#3 - Boulevard Wheat
#2 - Miller Lite
#1 - Stone IPA

No comments: