Thursday, January 27, 2011

Rank Em

Today we are going to go with ... ranking ... three things I would take to a deserted island, and they have to be: 1 CD, 1 Movie, and 1 food item that I will have to eat for the rest of my days.

  • The CD.  This is a tricky one because I am an eclectic music listener and therefore my "favorites" change like the weather.  However, as far as an entire album that I would want to have with me to listen to on repeat for decades I would choose.... Eminem's Recovery, if you recall this really shouldn't be a surprise because I've written on here before about my affection for this album.  To me it has it all and as much as I listen to the tracks it just doesn't get old.
  • If I though a CD was difficult, a movie is nearly impossible.  I love TV but I LOVE movies.  I will even watch a bad movie just so I can say I've seen it and thus intelligently and justifiably tear it down for how terrible it was.  At the end of the day though through all of my lists and pining I had to go with Shawshank Redemption it was very very close and titles such as 300, Watchmen, and Caddyshack were right there.  Shawshank is a classic and one that I seem to watch whenever it is on TV no matter what.
  • Of all the items on this made up list, Food item was an absolute no brainer.  Hawaiian Pizza (from Minskey's if we want to get super specific).  This is not only delicious but it is absolutely perfect.  Bread? Check. Fruits/Veggies? Check. Protein? Check. Dairy? Check.  Warm it up you have lunch and dinner, cool it down it's a nice little breakfast.  I'm not even joking I think I could eat this type of pizza for every single meal for the the rest of eternity and not get tired of it at all.
What would you choose?  1 CD, 1 Movie, and 1 food item?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

CD - Same...Recovery is awesome.
Movie - Goonies...HANDS DOWN. Although Empire Records was a close second. Along with Top Gun.
Food - This one's hard. Spaghetti and meatballs. Carbs, protein, and some veggies in the sauce. Yum.

Josh McMahan said...

CD-Going to give the razor's edge win to the Garden State soundtrack. Close, close second to In Love and Death by The Used.

Movie-Out of left field here, but I really love October Sky. I watch it whenever it's on TV.

Food-Amanda's lasagna same reasons listed above, heck, I don't even have to be on an island. I would eat it every day anyway.

seganita8 said...

CD- Siamese Dream- Smashing Pumpkins
Movie- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (kinda depressing, but it was between that and the Godfather)
Food- Minestrone soup. Soup may not be the best choice for a potentially hot deserted island, but it's got all the basic food groups, and it would help keep me hydrated.

You should add book to the list! I think mine would have to be Ender's Game- Orson Scott Card.