Friday, January 7, 2011

Friday Video of the Week

I've got a new favorite band.  I know I jump around a lot on bands, but I have a feeling this one will have some staying power.  I modeled a Pandora station around them and I can honestly say there has not been a song of there's yet that I have not liked.  I plan on purchasing their entire catalog in the very near future.  Below is their video for one of my favorites off their newish album  Appeal to Reason.  Now, I say newish, because it's been out since 2008 but I only discovered its awesomeness last year.  Now I'd heard them before with 2004's Swing Life Away, which was a good tune, I mean I put it on the custom mix for the DJ to play at my wedding reception, but it really didn't hook me.  It was 2010 in Minneapolis when I heard their song Savior and I got hooked.  Guess I should pry tell you the band's name huh, the band is Rise Against and if you like the song below I recommend you fire up your Zune and get your hands on some more of their stuff, it's great (People still use Zunes right?).  They're a bit political, which may turn some off, but even if you don't agree with the lyrics from a political perspective, you can't deny the music is fantastic.

No comments: