Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Excuse Me... I'm Important

It's a question heard at retailers nationwide, "would you like to join our loyalty program?" generally these programs are scoffed at, however as an avid traveler I thrive on airline and hotel programs and thusly have pledged my undying allegiance to United Airlines and the family of Hilton properties.  Accordingly I scorn anyone who books me for a job at a property that doesn't not carry the H and curse under my breath when United is not the preferred airline to my destination.

Hilton recently recognized my worth by awarding me a golden card which grants me privileges such as free Internet, breakfast foods, and cookies.  Alas my quest for 2010 is to reach the summit of this distinguished club... the Diamond.

But perhaps the most elusive of all is the airline status.  My cohorts have snared the beast early on in their careers but it has eluded my capture for many moons.  To my utter excitement after 6 long years of regular travel the elusive United Airlines status program has bestowed upon me Premier status which grants me the power to cast aside the peasants of the world and saunter to the ticket counter in my own special line, which is likely less crowded than your line.  I also get to board the plane ahead of you, taking your overhead space with my computer bag, because I like my feet to roam free and sitting in my seat with my iPod on making it difficult for you to get past because, ah yes I sit in front now.  Twas a happy day.

Ok...in all seriousness, United.  It's about time.  I've had your credit card, flown you for nearly everything possible and I just now get Premier?  I mean that's awesome and I can't tell you how excited I am to cut in front of people and get Economy Plus seating, but man 6 years?  I can't wait to start using my little card, hopefully I'll get to keep it now cause the extra leg room is nice. And so is crushing the souls of peasants who have to board last and gate check their bags.  Just kidding.

No comments: