Friday, March 19, 2010

Shish Kabobs!

One of the brightest spot of the new house was the fact that I got to dust off my massive 4-burner grill.  Now in Chicago I had a grill, but it was only out of sheer determination.  My "baby Weber" was a good little grill, but sadly its 14in cooking surface, whilst squating over on a 5x3 landing - just wasn't very easy to use.  However, I now have a good 4 sq. ft. of meat searing, grill marking, delciousness.  Last night was my reunion with my personal fire pit and I'll have to say it was a flaming success.  I cracked open a bottle of New Belgium's Range IPA (which if you haven't tried it, you should) as as the title suggests Shish Kabobs were on the menu and they were delicious.  Meat was awesome - way better than I expected after several bad experiences with steak purchased from the grocery store.  Now hopefully old man winter will realize his reign of terror is over and give way to some sunshine so that full on summer grilling can commence.

No comments: