Monday, March 29, 2010

All About the Comfort

Now as a frequent traveler I am all about comfort, I will beg borrow and steal for an Exit row and seeing myself in a middle seat makes me what to explode.  But I've noticed lately a comfort trend that is somewhat odd to me: People who take there shoes off on airplanes.  I mean don't get me wrong to each his own, but this trend perplexes me.  Especially lately, because my flights have all been under 2 hours, but on each one the first thing my single serving friends (again thank you Fight Club) do is remove there shoes.  I mean as I said I'm all about comfort but chilling in a hot plane inches from your seat-mates, may not be the place for letting the dogs run free.  I should qualify... I don't have a "problem" with them going native and shoeless, but more find it "odd." 

Other odd travel observations:
  • Don't you DARE board through the preferred customer lane... I mean granted it's not a moving walkway, it's not faster, really all it is is a wornout red rug that looks exactly like one I saw in Pizza Hut but with a United logo on it... 
  • A Quizno's sub costs about $17 more in the airport than it does 1/2 a mile away
  • People honestly think that during "rush periods" the guy on the 8-wheel golf cart can weave through the crowds faster than they can on two legs

No comments: