Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Master of the Universe

Flipping through the channels last Saturday I had an itch to watch some cartoons. I continue to be deeply saddened by the cartoon selection that today's kids have. For starters, good luck finding cartoons on Saturday morning, what once was a staple of network TV has been replaced by news, I mean who really needs more news? Come on FOX, ABC, CBS, NBC there are already 17 channels dedicated solely to providing "news" 24/7 (FOX and NBC I'm pretty sure you actually have 2 of these to yourself) give the kids some toons. The cartoons that are there are so disappointing. Sponge Bob Square Pants? Cat Dog? Dora the Explorer? I mean come on, luckily the only saving grace was the fact that I found that the TMNTs are still alive and fighting the good fight "go ninja go ninja go!" but I feel they are the Rolling Stones of the cartoon world, they're hanging on for deal life trying to provide the quality of yesteryear, but eventually Leonardo is going to break a hip and Raphael's going to have a heart attack.

Alas ladies and gentleman not all is lost! For there is a beacon of light at the end of the tunnel, Hulu. Now I've sang Hulu's praises before but they skyrocket up my approval meter with this one. Tell your friends, grab the kidos if you got 'em and head the computer it's time for a lesson in quality cartoon entertainment. So far we've got He-Man and Voltron, I've yet to search thier archives for more, but it wouldn't surprise me if they had a few more jewls there in hiding. I mean He-Man and GI Joe even had morales at the end of each episode, that's right a teaching lesson, I've never seen Sponge Bob tell a kid about the dangers of a downed electrical wire (Score: Roadblock 1 Sponge Bob 0). Just in case you need a little motivation just try to watch the clip below and not click on the link above it.

To view episodes click here => HULU you won't be sorry!


No comments: