Thursday, June 25, 2009

Currently Listening To:










Green Day, 21st Century Breakdown

I'm not really a Green Day "fan", although I have like a smattering of songs here and there (Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Wake Me Up When September Ends to name a few), so I was somewhat surprised by being drawn to this album. Their new CD 21st Century Breakdown is a great album, pretty much start to finish this is is 18 tracks of really good music (Know Your Enemy is a little repetitive but palatable). The CD has a great mix of driving lyrics and slow ballads. I don't know that I'd say Billie Joe Armstrong is a great singer but his somewhat unorthodox vocals work especially well with this albums lyrics and music. If you haven't heard it below is a the video to one of my personal favorites from the album.



1 comment:

Josh McMahan said...

I'll take a little "Basket Case" now and then.