Thursday, July 2, 2009

Life Update: June in Review

So after several fun "nonsense" posts I figure it's time to interject a little house cleaning in the form of a "life update." So here it goes...

Work is going well, pretty busy though as with everyone the crappy economy means increased scrutiny (i.e. increased work) for anyone and everyone associated with lending money. The bank that I'm in charge of is getting ready to kick of it's exam here in the next week or so so that means things will only get busier. I'm hoping though that all will go as planned and it won't be too terrible.

On the home front, we are looking forward to A Tradition Unlike Any Other: Float Trip 2009, should be a good time with good friends. Brother and Sister in-law were in town last weekend and Beth and I got to cross a few more things off of the "things to do in Chicago" list. We hit up Shedd aquarium and the 2009 Pride Day Parade. Pride day is Chicago's Gay Pride Parade and Festival it was absolute chaos, I swear I've never seen that many people I mean the streets were packed for blocks, and it was a pretty good time. Too bad it was too hot to really take it all in. It is one of the biggest festivals in the city, I believe I read somewhere that it's second only to St. Patrick's Day. If you want to see pictures of these and some of our other "Resident Tourist" adventures check out my album.

Click => Resident Tourist!

I will say the American Gothic interpretation statue is one of my favorites. Next BIG thing on the list is the Art Museum... I'm hoping to go there in the next week or two.

Still running, have to say it's kind of amazing what a difference a year makes, last year I was doing 3 miles in about 34-35 min. now I'm able to do 5 in 39 min. Still not sure I would go so far as to say I "enjoy" running, but it is growing on me. The heat however is not, it's been cool this week but last week was brutal.

Another year older. Thanks to all for the birthday wishes.

That was pretty much June.

No comments: