Thursday, April 16, 2009

Rant...News Ruined my Television Shows


Okay so let's get the embarrassing part of this post out of the way, I watch Grey's Anatomy. I said it there it is, lets move on to the rant.

First off I generally make it a point to avoid watching the news, in part because no mater where you watch it it is biased one way or the other, but mainly because it is nearly all negative and frankly down right depressing. Here's a typical news cast: crime, darwin, weather, crisis, crime, crisis, sports, crisis, weather, darwin, crime, crisis, weather. Weather in Chicago is terrible 75% of the year and my favorite teams are generally on the low end of the talent pool so even weather and sports offer me no sanctuary. But in an attempt to keep up since I've been on the road so much for work I began watching the news the last two weeks. And just yesterday for the second time in as many weeks, the plot line on one of my favorite shows was revealed thus ruining it for me. The first was last week's Kutner plot line on House, the second and most recent was the plot line to be incorporated into the season finale of Grey's Anatomy. I won't post it here and ruin it for you but I am now left knowing and will have no surprise at the ending. Frankly, it sucks. I will take some responsibility for the House one, because in fairness I DVR'd it and the news report was on the day after the episode aired. But still at the end of the day there was a hostage situation in the year 2009 A.D. involving PIRATES they were reporting on Kumar going to White Castle, I mean the White House.

There are Jack Sparrow wannabes out there cruising the 7 seas and they report on TV show plot lines. Texas is trying stir the pot by throwing around the idea of exiting the union and they interview a canine expert to assess the Obama's choice of first dog. Utter insanity people, it's like the whole news media conglomerate is on Crazy Pills.

No comments: