Sunday, April 5, 2009

1 Hour 54 Minutes



1 Hour 54 Minutes was my final time of the 1/2 Marathon (13.1 miles) that I ran this weekend in Springfield, IL.  It was a pretty tough course with several hills in the last 1/2 of the race that sucked the energy right out of you.  I did however maintain a pretty steady pace of 8:30 miles throughout the entire 13 mile course, which was about 30 seconds per mile faster than I'd planned for the day.  I guess excitement and adrenaline were good for a little extra nudge.  All in all it was a pretty fulfilling day 10 weeks in the making.  It was nice to see the training payoff, I never thought I'd ever run that far for any reason, but now that I did it was actually kind of fun.  I'll likely do a few more races here and there, as far as a full marathon... the jury is still out on that one.