Friday, April 17, 2009

Beer of the Month

Again in an effort to encourage future postings I'm going to try to have another regular post. Title kind of says it all in this one too, Beer of the Month, each month I'm gonna buy a beer, drink it, and let you know what I think of it. At first as a disclaimer: my knowledge of terminology is very limited and a more astute reader will likely cringe and some of my descriptive terminology but feel free to comment and correct me, or provide me with a more appropriate (i.e. correct) term. I'm reading up though and hopefully it'll get better as time goes on. And with any luck it'll be result in some new found favorites.

This month is going to be a slight deviation because I did a double tasting. I happened to have two Irish Ales in my fridge so I decided to pit the two against each other in an Irish battle. Going in I favored Conway's, because historically I've not been a huge fan of Boulevard's departures from their staple Wheat. However, the Boulevard Ale was full of flavor and aroma that won out. Both were great beers for sure, but the Conway was just a bit too subtle for me in comparison.

Boulevard Irish Ale, Boulevard Brewing Co. Conway's Irish Ale, Great Lakes Brewing Co

No comments: