Sunday, November 28, 2010

Harry Potter Part I

So after a much longer than anticipated the wife and I went to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I.  To start, I will never go to another movie theater in KC again.  The AMC Mainstreet 6 is phenomenal.  A bar in lobby, comfortable seating, and best of all, you can order tickets online and pick your exact seat.  Phenomenal.   Anyway, back to the movie.  Movie was great, every bit as good as I hoped it would be.  As I've commented before, books to movies are always going to have holes, gaps, and changes - it's a given.  That being said I feel like they did a pretty solid job taking this one from page to screen.  I think part of it is because they have 5 hours to make it work versus the standard 2.5 hour run time. 

I will say my favorite part, which is an odd favorite part, was the story of the three brothers and the deathly halllows.  I thought the way they handled this very important story was pretty awesome.  The only truly bad thing is that we have to wait so long for what is sure to be an amazing finale to this series.

No comments: