Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Rank Em

Energy drinks are quite possibly my favorite drinks.  No kidding.  While most people don't like the "energy drink" taste and only tolerate it when Comrade Vodka is in tow.  Me, I love the "energy drink" taste, actually I think I now prefer energy drinks to pop, I would rather crush an energy drink than a Mt. Dew or Diet Coke.  So that being said I'll rank my Top 3, one thing you will not find on this list is Red Bull, Red Bull is a joke.  The can is the same price, has the same ingredients, but is half the size.  You don't have to be Einstein to know you are getting hosed on that purchase.  Brand-wise I'm Monster all the way, although a Rockstar did sneak it's way into the Top 3.

1. Monster Khaos - this orange beverage is delicious tastes a lot like orange pop, generally I love this one and it is an absolute staple on road trips that are in excess of 4 hours.  Denver/Chicago to Clay Center/Topeka, it was 2 packs David Sunflower Seeds, 2 Monster Khaos, a tank of gas and we were good to go.

2. Rockstar Citrus - this is awesome and a special treat, kind of hard to find though which is the main reason it stays out of the top spot.  Taste-wise this one is the best tasting drink, in my opinion.

3. Monster Lo-Carb - this is my staple, my absolute go to drink, my security blanket.  They have it everywhere, it's good its taste is ... ehh... a bit more "energy drinky", but it gets a nod in the top 3 because it's always there when I need it and consistency is worth something.


No comments: