Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Chocolate... in Beer? Pt II

As promised here is the review... I'm going to lack the vocabulary to do this beer full justice, but in a word: amazing.  I was skeptical at first about just how the chocolate flavor would come through in this ale but it there and it is very subtle, yet very noticeable.  I know that is a massive contradiction but it's true.  But at the drink you taste a regular ale crisp and delicious, but then as it travels back you the smooth and rich dark chocolate flavor hits the back of your tongue and then it finishes with a slight hoppy bitterness.  It's very complex and a real thinking beer because there is just so much going on flavor-wise.  Bottom line is that this is a beer that lives up to all the hype and I am thrilled that Boulevard has announced that they will release this again in Feb 2012.  A lot of people are thrilled because the beer sold out in KC VERY quickly, for example a bar tapped a keg of it yesterday at 4:00.  It blew empty in 32 minutes.  So I am thrilled and sad that I bought 2 bottles, one was enjoyed on Valentine's Day and the second... well that is TBD.  The sadness comes from that I need to drink bottle #2 soon, but I know once I do that it is gone till 2012.

No comments: