Thursday, April 29, 2010

Vamp

So I'm trying to read more, and being that my travel has been pretty heavy lately I have found myself with lots of quality air time.  And in yet another of my seemingly many questionable choices in entertainment I chose to start my literary journey by seeing what the hype was about and broke down and read ... the Twilight series.  Don't judge me.  Overall, the books weren't too bad - honestly - quite frankly they were actually pretty entertaining (book 2 was kinda lame though come on twi-hards admit it, that book could have been half as long - we get it she's sad...moving on).  Again, don't judge me.  The author went a bit overboard on the drama though in my opinion as far as the angst she tried to create with the EMO like behavior of the main characters.  But as I said pretty entertaining, it had a pretty nice mix of drama, action, with a little (okay... a lot) of romance - but aside from book 2 the romance was there but it didn't really ruin it for me like I thought it would.  There are a few things I didn't like though theme-wise, like lets say a little sexual assault, but hey it's cool, we're still best buddies... and the ending - don't get me started on the ending, I hated the ending.  It honestly felt like she either ran out of time or ideas because it was rushed and very under-developed, in my opinion... I'm going to stop now, I really don't care to go into this further, and getting all Tracy Floreani on analyzing the books (BU people know what I'm talking about) because it only provides further proof that I put way too much time, effort, energy and thought into these clearly Junior High girl book.  Bottom line the books are much better than the absolutely horrid movies would have you believe.  I mean books into movies is ALWAYS a very risky proposition, you'll have hardliners who crow and cry that the movie doesn't live up to the expectations they'd created in their heads of what the book should look like.  Twilight is another example of how an entertaining book is massacred in film. 


Anywho.... they read quick and if you're out of stuff to read, grab your little sister's copy and check it out.

No comments: