Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Dark Night


Just caught the tail end of Dark Knight on HBO and I will be watching it in its full glory this weekend.  I will say this is one childhood iconic hero that Hollywood has not totally destroyed.  The new movies are really really good.  And as you know I am feel very strongly about my childhood superheros.  It kind of makes me sad because, as I watch I realize that there will be no more Joker.  At least I hope they don't let anyone else try.  Heath played the role to absolute perfection.  In my opinion he was the Joker.  Jack was great, don't get me wrong, but Heath was better.  Hands down.  Without questions.  He was funny, he was creepy, yet somewhat smooth - the total villain.  Bur alas, he is gone and now we are left to wonder who will be the next bad guy to be reinvented.  I hope we see a bit of the Riddler, he was always a fun character.  I also, contrary to some, wouldn't mind seeing Robin make an appearance.  As long as it's not done in an indiotic way as it was earlier.  I think it could be done and would be awesome.  But until they decide to get started on #3.... Iron Man 2 Summer 2010 - can't wait.

No comments: