Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Bittersweet Goodbye

I've had this post sitting in the on deck circle for awhile now because it's a pretty hard one for me to throw out there, it also explains my dropping off the face of the planet as far as the blog is concerned the last few weeks.  For those who aren't aware we moved away from Chicago to Kansas City.  I think my wife described it best by saying "I've never been so happily sad."  I never in a million years would have guessed I would get so attached to the city of Chicago, but alas I did and I can honestly say as someone who is fairly well traveled in the US that it is by far one of my favorite cities.  As hard as it was to leave the city and all of our amazingly great friends there; I am so very excited to be closer to family and to get to reconnect with our amazingly great friends from college.  KC will be a new experience and offers some new challenges including home ownership, re-learning how to drive and resisting homicidal range while shopping in Walmart.

So to my Chicago friends, see ya later.  I don't say goodbye because I intend on visiting Chicago and you are all more than welcome in KC we have pleanty of room and Royals tickets are cheap.

To my KC friends, hello again.  We're gonna need some help getting around and learning what's where, but we're ready to have a good time, especially looking forward to seeing my Royals, tickest are cheap. 

To family, thank you.  We've had more than a little bit of help from family in this little adventure of a move and it is appreciated more than you'll know.

No comments: