Monday, July 20, 2009

Blackout



After Float Trip pictures went up I had several friends who didn't go that asked about the game we were playing. The game is Blackout, there are several games of the same name but this one is the best. I wish I could take credit for the game's creation, even in part, but I had zero to do with it, hopefully I do its creators justice in my summary of the rules below:


What you need:
2 teams of 2
Ping Pong Balls (one for the game and extras because someone will ALWAYS step on one, get over zealous and slam it on the table, etc. the aforementioned activities will ruin the ball and kill all subsequent fun unless you have replacements)
Picnic table or equivalent you want to be throwing from a distance of about 8-10 feet to make it a challenge
and of course Beer

Rules:
Teammates stand on the same side of the table
Place a beer at each corner of the table
(See above picture for a pretty solid in game photo taken by my lovely wife)
(for the rest pretend you (the reader) and I (me) are teammates)
I start the game by throwing the ping pong ball at the beer can of my opponent directly infront of me if I hit the can, open your beer and comense drinking, in the meantime they will scramble for the ball and must return it to the table shouting "TABLE" when you hear "TABLE" stop drinking. My turn is over and it is their turn to throw. If I miss you degrade me for throwing like a girl and my turn is over. When they throw, should they hit the respective can we must scramble for the ball return the ball yelling "TABLE" to end their turn assists are allowed i.e. throwing it to each other. If they miss, the turn is over And so on it goes, rotating through the players. If you a player finishes his beer, he becomes all time thrower and throws everytime it is his teams turn until his partner finishes. First team to have both beers completed is declared winner.

That's the quick version and there are all sorts of little things that you can make up as you go along to suit your group. But those are the basics. It's a fun game and if played right will lead to a lot of falling down, assists, jumping over tables, etc.

No comments: