Saturday, March 28, 2009

Battlestar Galactica

There are some shows out there that one hears about and they are dismissed without much thought, particularly when those shows are on a channel like SciFi.  Because, lets face it when someone says the SciFi channel you like I probably would have dismissed it as well.  Then I watched a few (by a few I mean season 1) and I'll have to say it was nothing like what I expected.  I expected aliens, lasers, and vintage SciFi channel terrible acting.  Much to my surprise, the plot was very intriguing and the acting was pretty good as well.  I found myself enjoying the show immensely.  I fully intend on joining NetFlix to finish the series (there are 4 seasons total).  One of the best and most refreshing things about this show was that the creator had a definitive end.  None of this dragging things out introducing new characters and outlandish plot lines just for the sake of extending the series.  The plan was for four seasons and that's what was provided.  It's off air now, but if you are a fan of Star Wars, the Matrix, etc I'd highly recommend this series.  It's kind of a throwback style show that is very very entertaining.

For those who check this out and like it rumor is that the creators are going to release a new series that is a prequel to Battlestar called Caprica.

1 comment:

Josh McMahan said...

It is indeed a very fine series. Great moral questions in a way that only sci-fi can.