Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Debacle That Was Christmas 2009...

I was a living breathing walking King Midas of Bad Luck this holiday season, at every turn bad luck was waiting to pants me and laugh.  My journey began on the drive to KS with a phone call from my insurance company... now, I won't go into the details here but let's just say that I'm convinced more than ever that insurance is a corupt institution and the companies are in collusion and now I have to pay an extra $100 per year for something that was not my fault and I had zero control over.  Pants-ing #2 came from Ms Mother Nature... strike that the weathermen... with the so called "Christmas Blizzard of 2009... that wasn't"  Yes it snowed a lot but it was by no means the epic snow fall that they were crowing about for DAYS that prompted me to leave my family a day and a half early to ensure we were not snowed in for the duration... #3 - the gift card incident, I lost a Best Buy gift card valued at $26.94, but rest assured I recovered $5 of it that was not spent by the finder.  #4 Brakes on the car decided to implode resulting in a nice year end donation to Sears Auto Center.

If it weren't for the good times spent with family I very well may have locked myself in a room and, after removing all things of value and potentially dangerous objects, curled up in a ball and just hibernated till 2010, so as not to inadvertantly trigger the apocolypse.

So far though 2010 has started off by looking up, so good luck to all and away we go...

No comments: