Friday, October 16, 2009

Get on the Bus

I discussed this with a co-worker yesterday, in business there is a popular metaphor that floats around about "seats on a bus" often times it is associated with a change in direction or a restructure, basically it's meant to "get people on board" get them a "seat on the bus" to move them into the future, new direction whatever.  Well, we happend to be discussing some pending organizational change and this metaphor came up, it got me thinking though; who really wants to be on a bus?  My experiences with buses by and large are not all that stellar, they are usually cramped and smell funny (in the case of CTA buses) which begs the question why was a bus the vehicle of choice?  Why not a limo?  I mean that is a vehicle people can get excited about having a seat in (in not on ala George Carlin), if given the choice between a bus and a limo I'd bet people choose limo everytime.  So... from this point forward my team at work (MRD) is herby known not as a bus but a Hummer stretch limo, which of course runs on ethanol, (yeah farmers). 

I anticipate moral jumping at least 54%, very nice.


No comments: