Saturday, February 28, 2009

10 Miles

So some of you may or may not know but I am in process of training for a 1/2 marathon April 4th.  Had my longest run to date (and of my life) at 10 miles, finished it in about 90 min.  That's three episodes of Family Guy (which now that I think about it, isn't THAT bad).  Back on track, as I walked home from the gym I realized, I just ran the St Jude's Bike a Thon.  Now I'm not sure if all of you know what this event is but back in Morganville Kansas in the 80s and 90s, the St Jude's Bike a Thon was a BIG deal.  Basically it's a 10 mile bike ride and you get "sponsors" to pledge so much per mile.  I rocked out 10 miles every single time.  So I'm comparing the two and going over the route in my mind, and I thought, man that's a long friggin way to run.  Granted my run lacked the hills of the Bike a Thon route but still, 10 miles is a long way.  What's even funnier is I think I may have actually ran it faster than I rode it as a kid.  Oh well, 4 blisters and 90 min of my life later, I'd knocked out the 10 miles, only 3 more to tack onto that and I'll hit the goal.  It's gonna be a bear and a half, I'm totally wiped out right now and have more blisters than I've ever had on my feet at anyone time.  To coaches Nelson and Lane, I'm running more than 300m, never ever thought in a million years that would happen.  Now it's off to errands.  Fun stuff.

No comments: