Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Vaction...

I've taken a break a vacation if you will because so far any ideas I've had have been extreme rants on politics or the insanity of people.  Such as Republicans continuing to just belittle everything the president does, I mean they guy has made some mistakes for sure, but criticizing him for going to support the UNITED STATE'S bid for the 2016 Olympics... sure it's in Chicago, but come on I live in Chicago and last I checked it was in the US and the face it given our image with some countries abroad, hosting them in international competition might be a good thing... If it was a Republican representing Dallas's bid I guarantee not word one would be said.  Pettiness like this is exactly why nothing will get done for the next 3.5 years.

1 comment:

KCmustang said...

i love your posts. I was blown away by the whole Chicago, Obama rants. Last i looked it was a country he represented. I think if we looked a little further we would see that a president represented us when we won the Summer Olympics in LA "The host state of California was the home state of U.S. President Ronald Reagan, who officially opened the Games" how about the Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City or how about the Olympics that were in Lake Tahoe years ago or Atlanta. Were we simply a richer or happier country back???

Sure i live in Chicago and was watching the events. I am not sure we would be able to pull it off. We have a hard enough time handling an event like a Tri or Marathon. I think what happened during the extreme marathon of '07 and lack of water hurt us.

Thanks.

PS. I want one of those T-shirts. It was my birthday and i like the slogan on the back.